Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Haiku

In our third poetry lesson, we talked about Haikus and how to focus on the appearance of the ordinary world.  Yet again, my students amazed me with their insights.  Here is their work.

Falling cherry blossoms
I wait for them dancing through the air
With a silky wind

Shoe is like me
Like me, shoe is alone
Shoe is sad.  Me too.

Pencils are like my mother
It reminds me
That I have 2 arms and five fingers
Makes me feel thankful

There is a blue sky
Cloud is dancing in the sky
What a wonderful day

My brown left hand
Sometimes soft but sometimes hard
If I break the limit
And destroy the world

Falling to the dark
I watch a hope in the sky
I try to catch it
But I can't grab it

Pencils are like people in the bus
Pencil case full of pencils, bus full of people
No place to get in.

The scarf is like arms
It is warm
It is like hugging neck
It looks like hair

Eraser is smooth
And it is soft
Sometimes hard.

Letters of a calendar
Tells the date like a good teacher
Always tells the truth

Roots of an old tree
holds the tree like a parent
To make them standing still

The old and dirty chalkboard
Chalkboard was painted a yellow color
School's memory

The calendar was teared
Because of my bad hand
The calendar was very hurt

Time is like our moneys
But cannot stop and don't come back
But should be valuable


1 comment:

  1. These are actually very good! Keep writing! I'm excited to see more of your poems! ^v^

    ReplyDelete